Image is not just a haircut and a new change of clothes it is how others perceive you and your organization in the marketplace of Social Media 24/7
2/10/11 Michael D. Butler, Sr.
Recently I was coaching some clients who had a contract in Nashville a decade or so ago. When I used the word “Branding” they were thinking hair and makeup. What we began to discover is: Branding is much deeper than that.
Building a personal brand is important and image consultants are needed not just in Hollywood, New York City but also in Nashville and Tulsa. But when it comes to building a personal brand like George Burns or Morgan Freeman playing God in Hollywood there it’s much more than just hair, makeup and wardrobe.
Branding is the air you breathe. Branding is the thoughts you think-it is your core. It is your core life message. It is more tangible than the car you drive and the house you live in. It is summed up in one word and that one word is- AUTHENTICITY.
1. Your Brand is YOU. At your core, you are your brand. Your life mission will become your brand and define your life calling. The things that motivate you are your brand and personal mission statement. The thing that angers you-that is the thing that defines your life calling and becomes your brand.
2. Your Brand is what you decide it is. Others will try to dictate to you who you are and what you are about-but ultimately each of us are responsible for answering our own calling. This doesn’t mean others can’t influence us-they will; but ultimately it is up to us individually to find our calling.
3. You and your brand are one. Once you get this settled the self-doubt and uncertainty leave. Confidence attracts destiny. Once you ”draw the line in the sand” resources, people and circumstances will start to line up for you.
4. Your brand can evolve. Give yourself permission to evolve and change. Who you are in your 40’s is not who you were in your 30’s or your 20’s or your teens (that’s ok)
The world is longing for the expression of men and women in the marketplace who are influencing Hollywood, Nashville and New York City with true authenticity, life mission and beauty that radiates from the inside out. Ask God who you are, what is your calling and life mission. Answering that call is different for every individual but the world is yet to truly see what happens when a human allows their true authentic self to shine forth.
While Hollywood and New York may influence what styles everyone is wearing next year the frustration, depression and suicides that litter green rooms and the B trailers of the hopefuls who’ve had their dreams dashed will tell a truly different story. I’m personally counting on grassroots middle America filled with wit, wisdom and common sense to not only once again fill the hearts and minds of entrepreneurs whispering an audacious goal to their spirit: “It’s safe to dream again…go ahead and launch your dream…launch your company.”
This 3 Dimensional Dream will resurrect in the hearts and minds of Start-up companies, Gen Y’s and Baby Boomers alike and will cause a true renaissance and revival to happen not just in Hollywood and the Big Apple but also with your brand and in your company and in your world. And it will be because you inspired a generation with your authenticity and life mission! We can’t wait to see what happens through you!
You can follow Michael’s tweets @MichaelButlerSr
Fill out the comment form below to request a free evaluation on:
Brand Development Software & Image Coaching and to comment the article or tell us what you want to read next week on M3 -Thank you.
- Live from Social Media Week: Blending social into earned, owned and paid media (smartblogs.com)
- 3 Rules of Engagement for Brands on Twitter (crmsocialmedia.com)
- Personal Brand Week 2.0: Your Name is Just the Start (personalbrandingblog.com)
- Social media boost Super Bowl commercials’ bang for the buck (canada.com)